2021 Season - Week 3 and 4 Updates
As there have been no changes to the current Government of Saskatchewan guidelines on sports, weeks 3 and 4 will continue to be scheduled practices. As the Government moves to the first phase of their reopening plan May 30, we will be reviewing the impacts to team sports and determine what, if any, changes can be made.
Below are the Weeks 1 through 4 schedule broken out by division.
2021 MJLL Week 1 to 4 Schedule - Learn to Play
2021 MJLL Week 1 to 4 Schedule - Junior Rookie
2021 MJLL Week 1 to 4 Schedule - Senior Rookie
2021 MJLL Week 1 to 4 Schedule - Minor REVISED
2021 MJLL Week 1 to 4 Schedule - Major
Other notable changes at this point are as follows, but will be updated as we proceed:
- Practices will be restricted to one team per diamond and scheduled.
- We will be adhering to the maximum outdoor gathering limits set out by the Government, currently at 10. While the group maximum is 10, there can be two separate groups of 10 on a diamond at a time, provided they can be separated by 5 meters.
- Where a team and coaches have more than 10, they will be split between the infield and outfield.
- To accommodate two practices weekly and one team per diamond, we will have two time slots per diamond per day, with a team getting one of those time slots. Specific times and lengths will be part of the schedule coming soon.
- Where possible, physical distancing will be observed, with a minimum of two metres of space between individuals.
- Areas where people naturally gather (e.g. team benches, bleachers) will be set up and used in a way that follows physical distancing requirements.
- There will be no tournaments or inter-provincial travel for games
- There will be a sign in sheet for each player, family / friend who drops off the player, volunteers and or anyone else who attends. This will be critical for contact tracing in the event someone contracts COVID-19, we can work with health officials to determine who has been potentially exposed and limit its impact.
- We are working on developing an electronic sign in sheet that we are hoping to roll out early in the season.
The most notable change will be in regards to cleanliness and disinfecting, which will include the following at a minimum:
- Shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Hand hygiene should be performed prior to play, where possible during play and at the end of play.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected prior to a new group being provided access to diamond.
- Washrooms may be open, but increased cleaning and disinfection must take place with hand washing facilities being provided.
Members who are sick, symptomatic or in a risk category (e.g. international travel and / or contact with confirmed or probable COVID-19 case) will not be allowed to participate or attend. Individuals should use the Government of Saskatchewan’s online self-assessment tool to help determine if the illness may be COVID-19.
We have more information regarding the revised rules, requirements and planning on our website (http://www.mjlittleleague.com/content/covid-19).
We understand that this approach and timeline are not for everyone. As always, we will provide refunds subject to a $25 fee to cover our fixed administrative costs related running the league.
We again want to express our appreciation of your support, understanding and patience.
Take care, be safe and we’ll see you on the field!!!
Moose Jaw Little League Board of Directors